Angie’s 11th entry

Hey Journal! Not sure what to really write about besides writing about how much work I have. Ughhhhhh. I don’t really like to complain but I guess this is the only place where I can actually pour out my feelings and actually be honest.

But aside from having tons of work, Veterans Day just passed! My uncle served in the military quite some time but he retired and Veterans Day is his day! My uncle came into this country with nothing. He was just a kid who didn’t know anything but how to speak Spanish and do hard labor. He came from Mexico with my grandparents from a small place in Mexico where it is nothing but nature. They were so poor that you can see how worn out their clothing and shoes were. Luckily, my grandparents worked hard to give him and the rest of the family a better life here in the US. My uncle went to school, got the proper education he needed, and decided to serve the country he was given many opportunities from. He now lives in Michigan as a retired veteran but still working for our nation. He is my hero. He went to the war in Iraq for us and we were so blessed to have him return home. Never will I stop being thankful for his bravery and his service.